Connected Health Information Services includes a number of services already in place such as:
- National Health Index (NHI)
- eSpatial Address Management (eSAM)
- Access to other information services such as B4Schools and NIR data
From March 2016, two new Connected Health Information Services – NZePS and NES – will be available to general practices nationwide. Scroll down for information on incorporation of these services into Medtech32 and Medtech Evolution.
If you would like more information about the Connected Health Information Services (NES and NZePS), click here to view the Ministry of Health website.
Activation of NES for Medtech32 and Medtech Evolution Users:
- The NES module will be made available to all Medtech practices using Medtech32 and Medtech Evolution. Practices will be advised by their respective PHOs of the process to follow for activation.
- The activation will be phased and coordinated by PHOs and Ministry. PHOs will work with the Ministry to provide induction and training support for practices. Medtech has developed user guides and webinars (see below on this page).
- All Medtech32 customers will need to upgrade to Version 22.12 Build 5696 or later and all Medtech Evolution customers to Version 18.104.22.168 or later.
Activation of NZePS for Medtech32 and Medtech Evolution Users:
The activation of NZePS can be initiated by practices themselves if you have installed Medtech32 Version 22.15 Build 5804 (or later) or Medtech Evolution Version 22.214.171.1240 (or later).
STEP 1: Complete the Connected Health Information Services Request Form available on the Ministry of Health website.
STEP 2: Sign and email the Connected Health Information Services Request Form to the Ministry of Health at email@example.com
STEP 3: The Ministry of Health will process the application and provide your practice with the relevant information needed for configuring the NZePS service within your Medtech32 or Evolution PMS.
STEP 4: Once the above steps are completed for NZePS with the Ministry of Health, your practice can activate NZePS by accepting the Terms and Conditions and Ongoing Monthly Fees as part of the Authorisation and Approval to Activate process within your Medtech32 or Evolution PMS Electronic Prescribing Setup screen.
STEP 5: Once the activation steps have been completed for NZePS within your Medtech32 or Evolution PMS ensure that you have restarted your Medtech Services to complete the activation process, and follow the steps detailed in the ‘NZePS Speciality Guide – Creating Dummy Scripts (PDF)’ documents further down on this page to submit a test script through the NZePS system to ensure the service is running correctly.
You can find your Electronic Prescribing Setup screen:
- In Medtech32 – Setup > Connected Health Information Services > ePrescribing
- In Medtech Evolution – File > Options > Connected Health Information Services > EPS Setup
Infrastructure requirements: Please also ensure your infrastructure meets the minimum requirements of the installed version of Medtech32 or Evolution as outlined in the System Requirements Specification Guide.
- For Medtech32 ensure your practice is running Interbase XE7.
- For both Medtech32 and Evolution ensure your practice is running supported Server and Client Operating Systems as defined in the System Requirements Specification guide.
Training and Webinars: Self Training Guides and Training Webinars for NZePS functionality within Medtech32 and Evolution are further down on this page. If you have queries after reviewing the provided training material, please contact the Medtech Training Team at TrainingNZ@medtechglobal.com
Monthly Service Fees for Medtech32 and Medtech Evolution NZePS Users:
- Consistent with Ministry of Health policy, the Ministry has funded Medtech for the cost of developing the NZePS functionalities in Medtech32 and Evolution. This means there is no additional license fee to be paid by practices for Medtech32 or Medtech Evolution. The Ministry of Health will not be funding Medtech for ongoing support, maintenance and operating costs for the NZePS Connected Health Information Service and these costs remain the responsibility of the individual practices.
- As such, practices will be required to cover the following costs:
- An on-going Monthly Service Fee to cover the on-going costs for the support, maintenance and operating costs. The on-going fees payable by the practice will depend on number of licenses your practice has, calculated based on the table below:
|Number||Number of Licenses||On-going monthly Fee|
- You can identify the number of licenses your practice has:
- In Medtech32 you can find this at: Help > Register
- In Medtech Evolution you can find this at: Help > View License Details