Connected Health Information Services includes a number of services already in place such as:
- National Health Index (NHI)
- eSpatial Address Management (eSAM)
- Access to other information services such as B4Schools and NIR data
From March 2016, two new Connected Health Information Services – NZePS and NES – will be available to general practices nationwide. Scroll down for information on incorporation of these services into Medtech32 and Medtech Evolution.
If you would like more information about the Connected Health Information Services (NES and NZePS), click here to view the Ministry of Health website.
Activation of NES for Medtech32 and Medtech Evolution Users:
- The NES module will be made available to all Medtech practices using Medtech32 and Medtech Evolution. Practices will be advised by their respective PHOs of the process to follow for activation.
- The activation will be phased and coordinated by PHOs and Ministry. PHOs will work with the Ministry to provide induction and training support for practices. Medtech has developed user guides and webinars (see below on this page).
- All Medtech32 customers will need to upgrade to Version 22.7 Build 5383 or later and all Medtech Evolution customers to Version 22.214.171.124 or later.
Activation of NZePS for Medtech32 and Medtech Evolution Users:
- The activation of NZePS will proceed separately from NES, and will be initiated by practices themselves, by first completing the Connected Health Information Services Request Form available on the MoH website (www.healthitboard.govt.nz/chis). The form is to be signed and emailed to the Ministry of Health at email@example.com.
- The Ministry of Health will process the application and provide the practice with the relevant information needed.
- Once the above steps are completed for NZePS with the Ministry of Health, Practices are required to complete the Service Activation Request Form (SARF) to request the activation of NZePS in your PMS.