Recent Downloads and Release Notes
Medtech Evolution Version 10.4.0 Build 5676 Update (March 2018)
You must have Version 10.3.0 Build 5418 (or above) installed to run the 10.4.0 Build 5676 update
Medtech Global is pleased to make available for download, the Medtech Evolution Version 10.4.0 Build 5676 release update. The new features, enhancements and issues resolved within this release are detailed below:
Major New Features:
EasyClaim TYRO integration
ManageMyHealth integrated Online Appointment Bookings
Advanced Appointment Pad
Major Enhancements in the following modules:
Minor Enhancements in the following modules:
The 10.4.0 release of Medtech Evolution also include a large number or resolved items in the following areas of the application:
Accounting and Claiming
Other General Application issues
Important Information – Release Notes
Due to the large number of application enhancements and changes within the Medtech Evolution 10.4.0 release, the release notes have been logically separated into a number of small documents that focus on specific features, functions or areas of the Medtech Evolution application.
Please ensure that you download review each of the relevant release notes documents for your practice to ensure that you understand all changes.
Important Information – Download and Installation
This update MUST be run on the Medtech Evolution Server. All users must be logged out while this update is being run. Please ensure that you have downloaded and read the relevant Release Notes and Installation Instructions provided for this update.
Medtech recommend that a suitably qualified IT engineer carries out this upgrade, as a complete Backup and Restore is required before the installation of Medtech Evolution Version 10.4.0 Build 5676 (March 2018).
Medtech Evolution Version 10.4.0 Build 5676 Update for 32-bit Operating System (EXE)
Medtech Evolution Version 10.4.0 Build 5676 Update for 64-bit Operating System (EXE)
CDA Bridge Installer (EXE)
Medtech Evolution V10.4.0.5676 Installation Guide (PDF)
Medtech Evolution V10.4.0.5676 Release Notes - Accounting Module Enhancements (PDF)
Medtech Evolution V10.4.0.5676 Release Notes - Administration Module Enhancements (PDF)
Medtech Evolution V10.4.0.5676 Release Notes - Clinical Module Enhancements (PDF)
Medtech Evolution V10.4.0.5676 Release Notes - ECLIPSE Billing Enhancements (PDF)
Medtech Evolution V10.4.0.5676 Release Notes - Enhanced Appointment Pad (PDF)
Medtech Evolution V10.4.0.5676 Release Notes - ManageMyHealth Online Appointment Bookings (PDF)
Medtech Evolution V10.4.0.5676 Release Notes - Medicare EasyClaim (PDF)
Medtech Evolution V10.4.0.5676 Release Notes - Provider Dashboard (PDF)
Medtech Evolution V10.4.0.5676 Release Notes - Study Groups (PDF)
Medtech Evolution V10.4.0.5676 Release Notes - Resolved Issues (PDF)
Medtech Evolution V10.4.0.5676 - Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
Medtech Evolution Version 10.3.0 Build 5457 Hot Fix Update (July 2017)
Pre-requisite: Your practice must be on Medtech Evolution Version 10.3.0 Build 5418 or above, prior to installing 10.3.0 Build 5457.
Medtech Global is pleased to make available for download, the Medtech Evolution 10.3.0 Build 5457 hot fix release update. The new features, enhancements and issues resolved within this release and update are detailed below.
- Print selected patient documents and medications change
- Reason for visit validation removed
- Create new document from an existing document
- Inbox records to display in reverse chronological order
- New option to print from PDF Viewer control
- An Issue with the auto refreshing if appointments in the appointment pad and their appearance is fixed.
- Not a Valid date Issue in Appointment Pad is fixed.
- EInterbase error issue in the Appointment Pad is fixed.
- An issue when hovering the mouse over the Appointment Book and set focus is fixed.
- An issue in the scroll bar would not scroll properly for the Patient Inbox, Provider Inbox, Patient Outbox and Provider Outbox issue is fixed.
If a guest user name is entered and cleared from an Appointment slot, an empty appointment would appear in the Database, this issue is fixed.
Medtech Evolution Version 10.3.0 Build 5457 Update for 32-bit Operating System (EXE)
Medtech Evolution Version 10.3.0 Build 5457 Update for 64-bit Operating System (EXE)
Medtech Evolution V10.3.0 B5457 Release notes (PDF)
Contains detailed functional changes, setup instructions, and known issues (if any). Intended for practice managers and Medtech Evolution users
Medtech Evolution Version 10.3 Build 5418 Update (June 2017)
Pre-requisite: Your practice must be on Medtech Evolution Version 10.1.1 Build 5331 or above, prior tinstalling 10.3.0 Build 5418.
Medtech Global is pleased tmake available for download, the Medtech Evolution 10.3.0 Build 5418 release update. The new features, enhancements and issues resolved within this release and update are detailed below.
- ADHA Enhancements
- Changes in Staff SetupChanges in Agencies Setup
- Changes in Agencies SetupChanges in My Health Record Status
- Changes in My Health Record StatusChanges in creating eHealth Document screen
- Changes in creating eHealth Document screenAbility
- Ability to create IHI for new born
- ADHA Responses now appear in the Status Bar
- Changes in the Medical Warning Screen– addition of SNOMED codes.
- Ability tupload AMT codes for Medications
- A new Confirmation message when closing a patient
- Reason for Visit is now mandatory if eHealth is enabled for patient
- CUP R2 and CUP R3 required features compliant
- Medication Workflow enhancements
- Make Active Patient icon in Quick Bill Management
- Attachment Manager Icon in Patient Inbox
- An issue where an empty page is printed in the middle of the Medical History Report has been fixed
- An issue where MHR icon was displayed in the palette for a company has been fixed
- An issue where the Front Page would crash/freeze when merge symbol [CON_DETAILS] was used has been fixed
- An issue where selected referral services where not being fetched when using the merge symbol [MIS_REF_SERVICES] has been fixed
- In earlier versions of Medtech Evolution, users were not able to cut, copy or paste the contents from the RTF content to the Inbox documents subject. This has been resolved.
- An issue where the content below the merge symbol [CON_NOTES] were scrambled in a word outbox document has been resolved
- An issue where users were unable to print Event Summary documents from the Patient Outbox has been resolved
- An issue with searching using Patient Number has been addressed
- An issue with opening a Word document containing Classification Notes merge symbols has been addressed
- An issue concerning the display of a patient’s Internal ID has been solved
- An issue with column sizing in the Status Screen has been fixed
- An issue with inactivated payment Levels being displayed in the Quick Bill has been resolved
- An issue with viewing PDF document in the Inbox has been resolved
Medtech Evolution Version 10.3.0 Build 5418 Update for 32-bit Operating System (EXE)
Medtech Evolution Version 10.3.0 Build 5418 Update for 64-bit Operating System (EXE)
CDA Bridge installer (EXE)
Medtech Evolution V10.3.0 B5418 Release Notes (PDF)
Medtech Evolution Version 10.1.1 Build 5331 Update (March 2017)
Pre-requisite: Your practice must be on Medtech Evolution Version 10.1.0 Build 5237 or above, prior to installing 10.1.1 Build 5331.
Medtech Global is pleased to make available for download, the Medtech Evolution 10.1.1 Build 5331 release update. The new features, enhancements and issues resolved within this release and Update as detailed below.
- The “Save Draft” button has been removed in the e-health document wizard as this function is now built into the “Pack and Send” button
- New buttons ‘Tick All’, ‘Untick All’, ‘Invert Selection’ have been introduced in all the tabs of e-health document window. Additionally, a button ‘Long Term’ has been introduced in the Medication tab and button ‘Current’ has been introduced in Classification tab
- Date Range filter available in the document tab has been removed as per ADHA requirement
- In the classification tab, only the distinct records (i.e. latest records) will be displayed based on the onset date
- ‘Attestation’ tab In CDA document wizard has been removed and the contents of the said tab have been moved to the ‘Preview’ tab
- An information message will now be displayed when any error occurs while sending the e-health documents
- An error message will now be displayed when a clinician tries to send an eHealth document without the MyHealthRecord consent
- When the CDA Bridge is not running in the background, an information message will be displayed when performing any HI Service and MyHealthRecord activities
- A new column ‘Status’ has been introduced in the Patient Outbox to display the status of the eHealth documents
- If an e-health document is successfully sent to MyHealthRecord, the checkbox ‘Parked/In progress’ in both the ‘View Patient Document’ and ‘Update My Health Record Document’ screens, will be disabled
- When a clinician opens an ‘e-referral’ or an ‘event summary’ document from the Patient Outbox, the medical warning tab of the CDA document wizard will open
- If an SHS or Event Summary is sent to MyHealthRecord then the TO column will be displayed with value ADHA
- A new field 'Medicare code' has been introduced in the New/View Service window to enter the exact Medicare code for the service. This helps fix an issue where claims were being rejected if any special were entered in the Service Code for a Service
- An issue where the Total Outstanding Amount for a patient was not displayed in full when it was a number greater than 5 digits in length
- An issue where , when modifying an invoice from payment level ‘Private’ or ‘Third Party’ to 'Bulk Bill' or ‘REPAT’ will create a corresponding Credit note for the patient has been resolved
- An issue where, when copying a patients appointment from a colored slot and pasting it into a non-colored slot, the color was also pasted from the copied appointment has been resolved
- An issue where the Medicare script would be rejected by the eRx gateway when a user unknowingly entered any special characters in the Address field of location settings has been resolved
- Creation of a Bulk Bill/Repat invoice without any service is now disallowed
- In earlier versions, the backdating of Aged balance summary took several hours to complete printing the report. This has now been reduced a few minutes
- In earlier versions of Medtech Evolution, when searching for Complaints, all data relevant to the searched criteria was not being populated. This has now been resolved
- In earlier versions of Medtech Evolution, the headings in the status screen were not remembered when the screen was moved. This has now been sorted
- In earlier versions of Medtech Evolution, users were not able to add custom ICPC codes when the code reached J99999, a warning message was shown. This is now resolved
Medtech Evolution Version 10.1 Build 5237 Update (November 2016)
Pre-requisite: Your practice must be on Medtech Evolution Version 10.0.1 Build 5031 or above, prior to installing Version 10.1 Build 5237.
Medtech Global is pleased to make available for download, the Medtech Evolution Version 10.1 Build 5237 release update. The new features, enhancements and issues resolved within this release and Update as detailed below.
- Kiosk Notification changes to PC
- Printing multiple pages in a single script
- Radio button to choose between eRx and Medisecure in Staff Setup as per the new guidelines issued by NeHTA.
- Sending a cancellation request to Medisecure/eRx when a script that has already been sent is inactivated
- Ability to Repeat and Modify a Medication or Cancel and Modify a Medication
- Two new queries in Query Builder: My Health Record – Total Upload and My Health Record – Total by Patient
- Change in Keyboard Hot Keys for Group Invoice (Ctrl + F11) and Group Invoice Management (Shift + Ctrl + F11)
- Signed Consent field within the ‘PCEHR’ tab removed as uploading a signed consent form for assisted registration is no longer required
- Health fund outstanding balance will be displayed along with the patient’s outstanding balance in the printed invoice
- Kiosk application would intermittently crash/freeze.
- Guest user, appointment name displayed in reverse.
- Unallocated amount being displayed incorrectly in the transaction report
- An issue where adding a Screening Term for the active patient in the Growth Chart did not reflect in the Screening History has been fixed
- An issue where the Provider Logo being less than 256 characters resulted in it not being printed on the Invoice has been fixed
- An issue where the service item description was being displayed only partially while printing the invoice has been resolved
- Contents on the Front Page can now been copied and pasted to an Outbox Document
- An issue when an Appointment Template was created for two Providers with the same Sequence No. the Appointment Template for the unintended Provider would open has been resolved
- An error that occurred when the drug Calindamin was searched for with the 'Full Annual' option was selected has been resolved
- An issue where the DMMR document opened when searching using the keyword RAD which is for Radiology Document has been fixed
Several more resolved issues and enhancements are detailed in the full release notes below.
Medtech Evolution Version 10.0.1 Build 5031 (June 2016)
Medtech Evolution Version 10.0.1 Build 5031 (June 2016) is now available as a full DVD Upgrade. Please click here to request a copy of the DVD.
- Some of the workflow changes due to the new enhancements MAY AFFECT your business workflows and procedures. Please ensure that you read the associated Release Notes.
- The Customer Support team will conduct a Site Survey prior to installing 10.0.1 to ensure your site complies with all Software and Hardware specifications.
Prerequisite: Your practice MUST be on Medtech32 Version 9.3.1 Build 4711 or higher to install this Update. The Release Notes specify the complete upgrade path for all previous versions.
A summary of the key enhancements in Medtech Evolution Version 10.0.1:
- New Medtech icons
- Patient Palette Enhancements
- Action Menus
- Cascading and Tiling Windows
- Column Rearrange Remembrance
- Grid Column Sorting
- Patient Register-Emergency Contact
- MediSecure DrShop integration
- Screen Numbering
- Diagnostic Services
- Patient Name Validation
- Scanning Enhancements
- ManageMyHealth™ Enhancements
- Patient Email ID Auto-populates
- Medicare No. Auto-populates
- Enhancements to support the ‘No Jab No Pay’ budget measurer
- Performance and Memory Management
- UAC Compliance
- DPI Awareness
Medtech Evolution Version 10.0.1 Build 5031 includes several Resolved Issues:
- Improved resolution of the scanned documents
- ‘Size mismatch error’ When defining multiple conditions for the ‘Service Code’ field (under ‘Invoiced Services’ Table) in the Query Builder
- Issue in Patient Claims window, where the Sent claims remained unselected even after submitting the claims to Medicare
- Tasks were not being displayed in the Staff/Patient Task Manger window when searching through the Keyword from the Filter Tasks window
- Access Violation / Out of Memory Error windows, Adobe Acrobat (PDF) not installed error windows, Microsoft Word not installed error windows have been reworded for better understanding and clarity
- Paid accounts remained in “Outstanding Batches” tab of IMC Batching window even after the Payment is received from Health Fund/Medicare
- Generated Quick Bill amount displayed as ‘zero’, when opening the Invoice screen
- Amount not getting displayed in New invoice Window
- Size mismatch error displayed while printing the NSW Medical Certificate Form
- Plus several other issues have been resolved. Please read User Release Notes for a full list of resolved issues
- Medtech Evolution Installation Checklist
- Step by step checklists containing MANDATORY prerequisite, installation, and post-requisite requirements for Server, Clients, and Briefcase Laptops
- Intended for Practice Managers and IT technicians
- Medtech Evolution – Information for Release and Installation
- Contains installation instructions, and a summary of the Release updates
- Intended for Practice Managers and IT technicians
- Medtech Evolution – User Release Notes
- Contains detailed functional changes, setup instructions, and known issues (if any)
- Intended for Practice Managers and users
Q 1 . What is Medtech Evolution?
A 1.Medtech Evolution is a revamped version of Medtech32 that utilises the latest development architecture to provide a future-proof platform for further expansions in functionality, usability, compatibility, and scalability. Medtech Evolution Version 10.0.1 is built upon Medtech32 Version 9.3.3, and contains all existing Medtech32 features plus a refreshed user interface and many new functional and technical enhancements. It is designed with minimal disruptions in mind to the existing features and workflows in Medtech32.
Q 2 . Is it mandatory to upgrade from Medtech32 to Medtech Evolution?
A 2. All future enhancements, including any new functionalities that are required by legislative changes (e.g. My Health Record Clinical Useability Programmes, Online PBS Authorities, etc.), will only be made available for Medtech Evolution, and therefore it is highly recommended to upgrade to Medtech Evolution as soon as possible. Although Medtech32 Version 9.x.x will continue to be supported until further notice, only critical bug fixes and routine third-party database updates (i.e. ACIR, MBS, RMFS, ICPC-2 PLUS, and MIMS) will be made available for Medtech32.
Q 3 . What are the new enhancements in Medtech Evolution Version 10.0.1?
A 3. Medtech Evolution Version 10.0.1 contains all existing features up to Medtech32 Version 9.3.3, plus the following new enhancements:
1. 64-bit Application and 64-bit Database Engine
2. Windows 10 (64-bit) and Windows Server 2012/2012 R2 (64-bit) Support
3. Windows DPI-Aware Compliance – Auto Font Size Scaling
4. Windows User Account Control (UAC) Security Compliance
5. Refreshed User Interface and Action Menu
6. Enhanced Diagnostic Services with Screen Numbering for Troubleshooting
7. Patient Palette and Next of Kin/Emergency Contact Enhancements
8. Medtech Kiosk – Patient Self Check-in, Update Contact Details, Print Encounter Slip
9. Support Service Item Level Reconciliation – for Private, Third Party, Group Invoices
10. Group Invoice – Private vs. Third Party, New Management and Reporting Options
11. MediSecure Performance Enhancement and DrShop – Drug Abuse Prevention
12. ANZSCO Health Specialty – allow Code Mapping for eHealth Transmissions
13. Print Preview across Inbox/Outbox and Improved Printer Redirection Handling
14. Scanning Image Format – Support PDF and TIFF Compressions for Size Reduction
15. Pen CAT Extraction – Support Data Schema Version 1.17 with Updated Mapping Tool
16. Telstra HealthEngine Online Appointment for Non-Registered/New Patients
Q 4 . Does upgrading from Medtech32 to Medtech Evolution require a data conversion process?
A 4. No, the upgrade process is the same as the previous Medtech32 full DVD releases since Medtech Evolution utilises the same but newer development platform as Medtech32. Although due to the upgrade of the underlying development platform and the introduction of Windows User Account Control (UAC) Security Compliance, all existing services, scheduled tasks, and customised tools and reports for Medtech32 must be reinstalled or reconfigured for Medtech Evolution.
Q 5. Are there different editions of Medtech Evolution?
A 5. Yes, there are two editions: 32-bit and 64-bit. To utilise the benefits of the 64-bit edition of Medtech Evolution, all computers across your network including servers, clients, and briefcase laptops must be running on a compatible 64-bit edition of Windows.
Q.6 Can I upgrade to Medtech Evolution if some of my client computers are still running on 32-bit editions of Windows?
A.6 If you are unable to upgrade your existing 32-bit client to a compatible 64-bit edition of Windows, you can still enjoy the refreshed user interface of Medtech Evolution by upgrading from Medtech32 to the 32-bit edition of Medtech Evolution. You can then upgrade from the 32-bit edition to 64-bit edition of Medtech Evolution at a later stage when you are ready. Alternatively, you can also consider running the 64-bit edition of Medtech Evolution via Windows Remote Desktop Services (RDS) or Citrix XenApp, where only the RDS/XenApp Server is required to be on 64-bit Windows and the older clients can remain on 32-bit Windows.
Q.7 Do I need to upgrade my existing system hardware to run Medtech Evolution?
A.7 Due to the upgrade of the underlying development platform to support the latest system environment, please be aware that the recommended system requirements for Medtech Evolution are not the same as Medtech32, in particular, the system requirements for the 64-bit edition of Medtech Evolution is much higher. Please always refer to the latest System Requirement Specifications document for Medtech Evolution on the Medtech website, and contact your IT System Administrator or IT Service Provider to ensure your system environment meets the recommended system requirements.
Q.8 Do I need to upgrade Interbase Server too?
A.8 Yes, Medtech Evolution requires Interbase XE3 Update 4 Hotfix 3 to be installed across your network including servers, clients, and briefcase laptops. If you are currently subscribed to Interbase annual maintenance plan, there is no extra cost to upgrade to Interbase XE3. In case you do not have a current subscription for Interbase annual maintenance program, please fill in the Interbase XE3 Order Form to purchase Interbase XE3 licenses.
Q.9 Are there different editions of Interbase XE3?
A.9 Yes, there are two editions: 32-bit and 64-bit. The Interbase XE3 installers will automatically detect and install the correct version of Interbase XE3 on each computer. As mentioned above, since only 64-bit editions of Windows are supported for servers, the Interbase XE3 Server installer will install 64-bit Interbase Server on servers and briefcase laptops whereas the Interbase XE3 Client installer will install 32-bit Interbase Client on 32-bit client computers and 64-bit Interbase Client on 64-bit client computers accordingly.
Q.10 When will I receive the Medtech Evolution installation disc?
A.10 Unlikely previous upgrades, you will not receive the installation disc automatically. Due to fundamental changes in the Medtech Evolution development architecture, a site audit process is required to ensure your system environment meets the minimum installation requirements for Medtech Evolution, and to determine whether your system architecture is capable of running the 64-bit edition of Medtech Evolution. Please advise your IT service provider to contact the Medtech Helpdesk to initiate the site audit process when you are ready to upgrade, or contact one of the Medtech Channel Partners for assistance.